Add a uniquely high durability and capability of withstanding mechanical stress and you have an indispensable tool that is bound to find its use in industries as varied as aircraft, mining or even visual advertising. The converters offer configurations for both narrow (12, 24, 27 and 48) and wide (12W, 24W, 27W) input ranges.
While some of them allow operation with natural convection cooling, the emphasis is made on implementing them into a system with conductive cooling. The converters are designed in a way to transfer more than 90 % of heat loss to one cooling surface (top case side). This means utilizing a heatsink or a coldplate, to be used with the units, to provide for forced-air or liquid cooling. Such speciality makes the converters suitable for systems in which external cooling or hot-air transfer to the outside is extremely hard to impossible.
A reliable solution to almost any industry. Our converters can be relied on even at high altitudes and in extreme temperatures. Get yourself one and you won’t be disappointed.
What is a DC-DC converter?
To put it simply, a DC-DC converter is a device whose purpose is to regulate the voltage from a source to a load, either by reducing or increasing it. It is a power conversion circuit that utilises high-frequency switching, based on a combination of capacitors, power transistors, transformers, inductors and other analogue electronic components to create a constant voltage output – even when the input voltage or output current changes rapidly.
Converters of this type are a great improvement in terms of efficiency when compared to linear regulators and can find their use in a variety of different fields and under some of the most extreme conditions. Consider their use – and don’t forget to take a look at the rest of our products.
While galvanic isolation may or may not be present in a DC/DC converter, all our products provide galvanic isolation between input and outputs. Isolated power converters are a standard in today’s world of reliable and safe power delivery.
Which DC-DC power converters do we offer?
For a compact list of our products and their features, please see our Selection guide.
TESND 10-1200 W DC to DC converter w/ robust case and mounting flanges
- Suited for DC mains characteristic for decentralised, battery-using power supply systems.
- Single-channel TESND converters utilize output synchronous rectification in models with up to 27 VDC output to increase efficiency.
- Available service functions consist of output voltage trimming, external feedback, remote ON/OFF and parallel current sharing operation (depending on the model). With a complex of protections.
- The dual-channel version offers a variety of output channel connections, incl. independent, parallel, series-connected and common ground dual outputs.
- Compact dimensions and high efficiency, with option of custom-ordered low-profile models (up to 20 % reduction of height) and extreme operating temperature range of -60 to +130 °C
- Extremely high power density, between 54 to 142 W/inch3.
The devices belonging to the TESND series are TESND 20, 40, 60, 120, 250, 600 and 1200, with the numbers referring to maximal output power in Watts.
JETDiR 20 – 600 W DC to DC transformer in BRICK form factors with sunken mounting holes and no flanges
- JETDiR series offers different form-factors compared to TESND, with sunken mounting holes inside case dimensions.
- Wide range of service functions, with the higher power models being capable of parallel current sharing operation. Over-temp, overload, overvoltage protections.
- As well as TESND, the units are made in compact dimension and power density ranging from 49 to 106 W/inch3, with a range of service functions.
JETDiR DC to DC power converters come in 20, 30, 60 120, 250 and 600 Watt versions.
JETDiRs count among the most versatile converters, applicable in almost every field and capable of functioning in harsh conditions, including temperatures between -60 to +130°C! You can put your trust in one!
Get one of these converters
TESD 10 – 1200 W voltage converter, robust case with flanges, no optocoupling
- Modernised version of the previous TESD, MR and MDM series utilizing feedback without optocoupling, suitable for working in ionizing-factor environments.
- They retain the same footprint and pinout as previous generations.
- The units feature over-temperature, overload and overvoltage protections.
- Two channel TESD devices feature galvanic isolation of outputs, making them useful in equipment with different output channel connections.
TESD converters are available in 15, 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 600 and even 1200 W.
The TESD series units come in very compact variations, with power densities between 31 and 70 W/inch3. Extremely durable and capable of withstanding lots of mechanical stress, these devices are sure to find their use in many fields, be it land transport, planes, drones, helicopters and more.
They present an easy upgrade over the previous versions, offering higher power output and density without the need to replace or modify the whole power system.
JETDi (JETDiB) DC to DC converter modules of 20-120 W variants, featuring copper cases w/o mounting holes
- Industrial DC to DC converters of JETDi and JETDiB series are designed in popular form-factors without mounting holes for a simple implementation in power systems.
- Available in LP (low-profile) variants with 10-20% height reduction.
- JETDiB series is optimised in terms of cost and characteristics.
The JETDi series power variants are 20, 30, 60 and 120 W.
Compact dimensions, high efficiency, easy mounting, with power density between 49 and 83 W/inch3 should most certainly make you consider using these DC to DC transformers in your industry.
TESAV (TESH) 50-1000 W converters with AC and/or high voltage DC input
- These devices come in both AC (TESAV) and DC (TESH) variants in a low-profile flange design.
- The units are meant to be used with an external bulk capacitor, which defines units hold-up time and allows simple set-up of an UPS (uninterruptible power supply) system.
- The TESAV units are meant to be used with AC input ranges 36, 115 and 230, while TESH variants are to be used with DC input ranges 48, 115, 150 W and 230.
- Output synchronous rectification enables efficiency of up to 93%.
- Two-channel variants with galvanic isolation of outputs allow multiple connection schemes of output channels.
- Some models are capable of current sharing parallel operation.
The TESAV converters feature a separate AC voltage input, which is fed into an internal bridge rectifier, the output of which connects to an internal DC DC converter phase that acts as a DC input for the whole unit. An external electrolytic capacitor is used to filter rectified voltage from this DC input and to set hold-up time.
The placement of the external capacitor in the lower-temperature parts of the equipment enables the rest of the unit to operate at temperatures that are considerably higher. This arrangement results in an increased longevity and MTBF of the whole system.
The TESH variants have AC input and the internal bridge rectifier removed, with only DC input left, which provides for me efficient work in the low-voltage input range.
The series come in 100, 200, 500 and 1000 W variants. Same as with the rest of our products, we recommend choosing a loading coefficient of 0.7-0.8.
These converters are of a compact, planar design, with power density between 32 and 55 W/inch3. Similarly to the rest of our products, they are highly durable and resistant to mechanical stress.
Altitudes above 15 km, polar environments or deserts – TESAV converters won’t disappoint you anywhere. Their potential uses are uncountable. Find out for yourself!
I want one of these
Where can some (or all) of our DC to DC converter modules be put to work?
- Altitudes above 15 km where factors such as vibrations, acceleration impacts, dust, low pressure, natural radiation and both extremely low and high temperatures of the converter case must be considered. The units need to be protected from moisture, and of smaller sizes and lower profiles. Proper cooling is also a must. Can be used in airplanes, UAVs, aerial laboratories, etc.
- High-altitudes between 5-15 km. The units can find their use in airplanes, UAVs, meteo-probes and monitoring equipment etc. The demands on the units are in many ways similar as those for higher altitudes. They must withstand extreme temperatures, sharp acceleration, moisture and low pressure, be small and compact and also well cooled.
- At lower altitudes of up to 5 km. Moisture, dust, sand, low pressure – these conditions persist even at somewhat lower altitudes. Though the temperatures might be less extreme than those at higher elevations, there is still a need to deal with converter case temperatures ranging from -50 °C to +100 °C. The units can find their use in airplanes, helicopters, hot air balloons, drones etc.
- Land transport. From cars to locomotives and other land vehicles. Vibrations, sharp acceleration, dust, sand, moisture, and even salt exposure – the power units must be able to withstand it all, in addition to case temperatures from -50 °C to +130 °C.
- Land telecommunication. Connecting towers, ground communication centres and constructions reasonably shielded from external factors. Low-impact vibrations and shocks, condensing moisture, salty fog and weather factors must be considered. The units must be protected from this by polymeric layers or special designs. Low profile, compact dimensions and cooling via the case bottom is required.
- Mining equipment. The unit must be able to serve in all climates, resist shocks, vibrations, mechanical impact and case temperatures that might reach +150 °C.
- Supercomputers, screens and information displays are typically shielded from outside damage or weather effects. What is paramount in converter units here is high efficiency, parallel operation and proper cooling.
- Cold-resistant equipment. Be they employed in stationary or moving devices, our cases can, if cared for properly, operate in polar conditions with no problems.
- Heat-resistance equipment. On the other extreme are the scorching desert environments, and our devices are capable of shining in them as well. Resistance to both extreme heat and mechanical stress and vibrations depending on the actual use should go without saying.
- Digital signage. Street signs and visual advertising is also an area in which our units can be put to good use. Typical demands on converters in this area include planar design, high efficiency, low weight and profile and solid cooling.
- Active phased array radar. This device relies on multiple communicating units to deliver power to it. Operating as part of various land and air equipment, these radars demand power units that are light and small, feature a light profile, and are highly efficient and capable of parallel operation. Our converters are precisely those units.
Feel free to ask us which of our products would be most suited in your particular project. We’ll gladly help you make the correct choice.
Help me choose